In 2012, Lilliana Martinez moved to a unit in Inglewood, California with her husband and their 3-year-old son, Jorge. Shortly after Jorge started getting itchy red spots all over his face and body every morning.
The Martinez's took Jorge to the hospital upon which he was diagnosed with bed bug bites. The physician advised them to go home and do a thorough inspection of their home for the insects. And bingo! They found that their apartment was ambushed with bed bugs.
Lillian said, "As soon as I found out, I was horrified because I had never seen something like that before."
Sadly, their three-month-old daughter had also been attacked by these bloodsuckers. She displayed bite marks on her back while she slept. After contacting the management company, Westland Industries, she was instructed to remove all of the furniture, including the child's crib. Westland then sent out professionals to fumigate the whole unit with white powder that coated every room.
They only had one small area to sleep in while the supposed "treatment" worked. Even after the fumigating, the bed bug bites continued and then if bed bugs aren't enough, they were graced with roaches. Ick! Four months later the management company finally replaced the unit's carpet and they were bug-free.
While enduring this traumatic lifestyle, they suffered from property damage, sleeplessness, and emotional distress. Jorge suffered permanent scars on his torso, legs, and arms. After two more years of living there, they finally moved out and then sued Amusement Six Apartments for breach of contract, breach of warranty of habitability, negligence and emotional distress. In 2018, they were awarded $1.6 million in damages.
The parents plan to use the settlement money to remove Jorge's scars, which is very costly.
Let us at Bed Bug Store assist you. All our products come with a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. We have been relieving customers of their bed bugs for over 15 years. Our products are also 100% all-natural, chemical and pesticide-free. The smell you notice when using our solution, is the fresh scent of peppermint.