Staying Safe This Summer!
May 4, 2022
Every year travelers suffer from being bit and tormented by bed bugs when they stay in a hotel, motel, or Airbnb. I read an article yesterday where a woman sued and won against Disneyland.
"According to the lawsuit, she suffered emotional stress and anxiety from the bites which caused severe rashes over her body and led to her losing clothing and other personal items."*
Bed bugs are mean-spirited little blood-feeding insects. They do not care that you are on vacay with your family. They do not care that you have worked hard to afford your trip away from home. How can you make sure you and your family are safe? Keep reading.....
Bed Bugs and the States
Back in the 70s, bed bugs were considered a rarity in developed countries. But, since early 2000, infestations have become more common in places such as the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Europe. And, not only are there more bed bugs than ever before, but according to the journal of economic entomology, they are more ruthless to discourage, as they become less vulnerable to chemical insecticides.
And with the increase in international travel, and people finally allowing themselves to travel, after Covid-19, bed bugs are even more prevalent than in recent years.
Where are Bed Bugs Found
Although bed bugs are an assorted lot of buggers, it comes as no shock to know that the chosen areas to find bed bugs are public properties, where there is a large movement of humans. Like us, bed bugs love to travel and hitchhike their way into our suitcases, purses, clothes, backpacks, and furniture.
Look at these startling data below of the properties in which bed bugs are most popular:
- Single-family homes – 91%
- Apartments/condominiums – 89%
- Hotels/motels – 68%
- Nursing homes – 59%
- School/daycare centers – 47%
- Offices – 46%
- College dormitories – 45%
- Hospitals – 36%
- Doctors’ office – 33%
- Public transport – 29%
- Retail outlets – 20%
- Movie theatres – 16%
It's very well known how difficult getting rid of a bed bug infestation is. These despicable insects can survive without eating for up to a year. Don't think waiting them out will remove them, it won't!
Most people are clueless about an infestation until it becomes obvious, with only 96% reporting a bed bug invasion having had noticeable signs or showing visible evidence of bed bug bites. Most people assume they have fleas before realizing they in fact, have bed bugs. By then they are infested.
Fun Facts You Should Know**
1. Every year, 1 in every 5 households is affected by bed bugs.
2. Bed bug cases were reported in all 50 states in 2020.
3. Bed bugs are 60% more likely to bite the upper torso rather than areas on the lower body.
4. It takes 7 weeks on average for a modern bed bug infestation to be discovered.
5. Bed bugs are more common in homes and apartments, with the 3rd-highest percentage of infestations occurring in hotels. (Even high-end hotels are at risk)
6. Between 55 and 75 degrees F is the optimal temperature for bed bugs to spread.
7. In recent years, 71% of reported infestations are initially believed to be a flea problem. Another 24% are attributed to cockroaches. (5% other pests)
8. Close to 97% of bed bug professionals perform bed bug treatments on an annual basis.
Let us at Bed Bug Store assist you. All our products come with a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. We have been relieving customers of their bed bugs since 2003. Our products are also 100% all-natural, chemical and pesticide-free. The smell you notice when using our solution, is the fresh scent of peppermint.
A Closer Look At Where To Use Bed Bug Patrol:
Safe for children and pets, completely deadly for bed bugs.
Our sprays are made with 100% effective natural ingredients and essential oils, making Bed Bug Patrol a great alternative to harsh pesticides and insecticides that bed bugs are becoming increasingly resistant to.
Enjoy the safety of knowing your bed bug battle will soon be won by the all-natural power of the Bed Bug Patrol.
Made with 100% natural essential oils, Bed Bug Patrol is a great alternative to harsh pesticides and insecticides that bed bugs are becoming increasingly resistant to.
What Are People Saying About Bed Bug Patrol?
Products You Need Now!