Let's face it, having bed bugs is a nightmare no one wants to endure. You are embarrassed because you think you invited them by having an unkempt house. This is not true. Bed bugs have been in the finest houses and hotels as well as a one-bedroom flat. Relax, Bed Bug Store has got you covered.
How Can Bed Bugs Get In?
Bed bugs are amazing hitchhikers as they cannot fly or jump. They can, however, crawl up furniture, bedding, luggage basically anything you can carry. Bed bugs are speedy at multiplying too. Once you have one, next thing you know there's a colony and now you are itching and being attacked at night.
Due to their unique body shape, they can crawl through the tiniest of spaces and enjoy the dark. Crawling out and biting for their meal of human blood. You will notice in the light, reddish-brown remains and possibly their exoskeleton.
The only positive side to bed bugs is unlike mosquitoes and ticks, they do not carry any diseases.
Remove Bed Bugs Permanently
Professional exterminators are not only costly and time-consuming but also harmful. The majority of them use pesticides and chemicals that would gag you and is poisonous to humans and pets and doesn't guarantee after one sweep you are bed bug-free. Here are some steps to assist in your removal permanently.
1. Using a vacuum, suck up all the bed bugs around. Start from the top and end at the floor. That way if they try to run down, you will still get them. Hit the bed, mattress, box springs, floors, corners, and other tight areas. Then immediately dispose of the vacuum bag or empty the container into a plastic bag and then throw that outside. Leaving the bag in your house could infect another area of your home.
2. Take all the bedding, clothing, curtains, and anything else that is infested and washable, and head to the washing machine. Using hot water to clean and then the highest dryer setting will kill any bed bugs attached to your items. Stuffed animals, toys or shoes put into the dryer for at least 30 minutes to rid bed bugs from them.
3. Spend the money and get a good mattress and box springs cover. You will want a cover with zippers and tightly woven material as bed bugs cannot penetrate that material. Any remnant bed bugs will be dead after a year.
4. Now you can open the bags and brush off any remains of the bed bugs. A stiff brush is best as it will loosen the grip of the bed bugs and eggs. Now you can vacuum and clean up the exoskeletons. You still want to dispose of the container in a bag and take it to the outside garbage can.
5. If you see any cracks or wiring holes you will need to seal these up. If the wallpaper is peeling, repair that with glue. Closing all these areas will keep the bed bugs out.
This may seem like a lot of work but in the end, you sleep better and safely so isn't it worth it? Make sure you really look at the infested area and think like a bed bug, "Where would I hide?" This way you see where any problem sections are that need to be patched up. And when you are done, you can finally breathe easier.
Let us at Bed Bug Store assist you. All our products come with a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. We have been relieving customers of their bed bugs for over 15 years. Our products are also 100% all-natural, chemical and pesticide-free. The smell you notice when using our solution, is the fresh scent of peppermint.